Here you will find all you need to know about your Mega
Plate foam – to allow for an easier build experience the plate foam stretches around the PCB spacer, this stops it from falling out when assembling. Lay it on top, push and twist the plate foam around the spacers with the tip of your finger.
Case foam – Case foam is free and fits in only one orientation, cables from the LED indicators are under the large cutout!
- mega. was designed to be used with Cherry MX Stabs but of course other were taken into account.
- C3 Stabilizers: screw in, pcb mount are confirmed to work
- Durock V1 Stabs: Screw in, are confirmed to work.
- Durock V2 Stabs DO NOT WORK! Due to the recent changes in the shape of the V2 Stabs (adding the reverse hook for the bar) the hooks interferes with the Plate. This will be adjusted in the second manufacturing batch and spare plates will be available then.
Colours and Materials:
Mega comes in 5 colours and has an optional full brass base. The base is sandblasted and Coated for a Matt Satin Finish.
Trays are are identical in colours to the mega and are therefore perfect companions.
Constructing your Mega:
Your Mega comes preassembled but incase you need to dissassemble and rebuild it here are some tips:
- Mega Plates have silicone dampening strips along the edges. These Strips are friction fitted into recesses on the plate. They are not glued so you can remove and replace easily.
- When building your Mega you need to place the plate into the case BEFORE attaching the PCB because the PCB covers the screw holes. This was a design choice to keep the overall size as small as possible.
- The Status LED PCB is not screwed but glued in place with a small amount of adhesive at the ledge protruding direction center of board.. If you wish to remove it you need to brake the adhesive bond.
There is a limited quantity of spare Mega Bases in all colours and materials available in our Store.
We will not be offering other parts of the Mega as purchasable extras for switching colours until the 2nd batch of manufacturing.